The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGee

Now I know I said I would be writing everyday and it has been about month, but I have been busy doing all sorts of things but mostly reading. I have decided to do a series on here where I review every book that I read. There will be two sections a spoiler- free and then my true opinions with spoilers. So lets begin with The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGee.

This book is set about a thousand years into the future in New York City, and in this future, New York City has basically been put into this giant thousand story tower. The story follows five teenagers that live in the tower. Avery, who lives on the top penthouse, Leda, who seems perfect on the outside but has problems on the inside, Eris, who lives a carefree life until her tower basically starts falling down, Rylin who lives on the 32th floor away from the glitzy life, and finally Watt, a tech genius that uses his skill to know everything about everyone. Their stories start to intertwine and create a whirlwind of drama and mystery as it is revealed that one of them falls off the tower. This book is a lot of teen drama, but also a lot of other themes like drugs and the idea if money can really buy happiness. It was a good read and I enjoyed it. I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

I liked a lot of elements about this book, The technology was really interesting  and I really like books that show the difference between rich and poor and this book did. I liked a lot of the characters, except Avery. She was terrible. All of the other characters had great backstories and real life problems that were happening. For example, Leda has a drug problem that she deals with and Eris finds out her father isn't her birth father  and has to move to the lower floors. (Which is fine by me, because Mariel is a great character and I love them together). The only problem Avery faces is that she loves her Atlas, her brother. I honestly dreaded reading chapters about her, she was so whiny and melodramatic. As the book went on you learn that Atlas is the same way so maybe they are made for each other. My favorite characters actually were Cord and Rylin. I thought their love and relationship was actually realistic and lovely. I also really enjoyed the ending. I was really sad that it was Eris who in the end got pushed off, but I loved the scenes leading up to it as McGee had all the girls on the roof and you had to guess who it was to fall off. I would have given this book a 4 out of 5 if Avery wasn't so annoying. I hear there will be a squeal I am excited to read it and hopefully Avery and Atlas won't be in it.

Comments

Popular Posts