The Outliers by Katherine McCreight

Honestly, the only reason that I picked up this book at my local library is the cover. It is a very beautiful cover in my opinion, with the firey writing and the smoky picture. The summary in the cover of the book does not sound that interesting, but I gave it a try. In the end, it was worth it, this book exceeded my expectations.

The Outliers, by Katherine McCreight is a Young Adult novel about a young girl, Wylie, trying to find her best friend, Cassie, who is missing. Wylie has had to do this task many times as Cassie has had a history with parting and drinking. This time was different. Instead of telling Wylie where she is, she sends her boyfriend Jasper to Wylie with encrypted text messages. Wylie is non too-pleased having to work with Jasper, but she must go save her friend. This book has so many twists and turns and will keep you guessing until the very end. It was all and all a good read and I would recommend this book.

The main thing I liked about the is book is Wylie. You learn in the very beginning of this book that Wylie suffers from extreme anxiety. This makes the book so much more interesting as Wylie tries to do basic things like leaving her house, she also has to deal with the death of her mother. Jasper is also a great character in the book, he is painted as a huge asshole but he turns out to be very sweet and caring. Cassie, I was not too found of but she really wasn't in it all that much. It is  good thing that Wylie was such a great character, because sometimes the plot was a little all over the place. In the end it all came together, but there was some parts that I was confused why what was happening was happening. In the end the characters in this book really made this book as the plot was a little all over the place. There is a squeal to this book and I will be checking it out and hopefully it does not disappoint.

   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts