Colors in My Head

Yellow 
     the color of the sunlight as you hold my hand on walks I want to remember
Yellow 
     the color of flowers in a field I want to forget
Pink 
     the color of your lips as you sing a song to me in a language that I do not understand
Pink
     the color of his lips as he tells me I can't leave until he is satisfied
Red 
     the color of the heart shaped chocolate box you got me last month
Red 
     the color of my knees after he forces it into my mouth
Purple 
    the color of your shirt that makes your eyes look so beautiful
Purple 
     the color of my wrists as he pins me down
Blue
     the color of your room that makes me feel so safe and loved
Blue 
     the color of the bird who was the only one who heard my muffled scream
These colors constantly battling in my head for attention
Like two dogs begging for food
All I want are your colors shining violently through
But I am sitting trembling in the dark seeing his

Maddy Ann 

Comments

  1. Wow! Very powerful stuff! I love the parallel structure! This is genius, wow :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts